this year we are focusing our energies on providing training and volunteering support for peopole coming to build the new visitor centre. By Easter 2018 we will be launching a new programme of cultural and eductaional workshops and events based at the new facility
The Felin Uchaf Centre is located at the heart of a vibrant Welsh speaking area, rich in local customs and traditions with a stunningly beautiful coastal landscape. The workshop themes aim to reflect the peninsula's distinctive sense of place and keep traditional skills alive in the community.
During 2018 we will offer a range of workshops and courses structured as:
- heritage skills training days,
- fee-paying tutored courses in arts and crafts and traditional building skills,
- tailored school activities for all ages
- tailored group activities
- short or longer term work placements
- volunteering opportunities
Please contact us to see how we can meet your requrements.
Our clients reflect a broad spectrum of the community from primary and secondary schools, colleges and university students, international Steiner schools, probation service users, unemployed people, local community organisations and young farmers clubs, Sgwad-young Welsh writers, UNA international volunteer exchange and Horizons International youth work placements, WOOfers, Workawayers....ad many more
Past workshop themes include:
- Sustainable building skills such as:Cob and earth walling, stone walling, reed thatching, green oak timber framing and building with lime
- Green woodwork and traditional rural furniture making eg. Welsh stick-chair making and cleft-oak gatemaking
- Organic-Biodynamic gardening
- Storytelling from Celtic-Welsh Mabinogi to Greek Epic telling, Local Folklore and Music Festivals and nights
- Welsh Language, Culture and local traditions
- Ecology, Woodland management and conservation
We are looking to build new workshop facilities to provide courses in:
- Traditional Wooden Boat Building (summer 2018 onwards)
During this initial Development Phase all the new purpose designed facilities have being built as skills learning opportunities for trainees and volunteers. When these buildings are completed we aim to host more cultural and arts themed courses
We havee run skills courses run for between 3-5 days, weekends or evening courses running over 10 or 20
weeks. We offer day sessions for groups such as schools, colleges, probation service users and local community groups. These sessions will be planned with your group's requirements in mind.
Please see the courses and news pages for current updates
or contact us via
or tel. 01758 780280.